As an accessible platform for self-expression, mindshare historically works alongside creatives living with complex mental health challenges who’ve utilized expressive arts as an important tool in their recovery journey. Our online Gallery is a virtual space for visual artists all year round, but during October the Art becomes tangible!
The yearly mindshare Group Exhibition, held during Mental Health Month, showcases diverse creatives from mindshare’s online gallery, shortlisted entrants from mindshare’s Creative Writing Awards, as well as work by MHCSA’s participants and partners in three locations across Adelaide city.
We are looking for expressions of interest for visual artists to be showcased in the 2022 mindshare Group Exhibition in October during Mental Health Month. We are open to all mediums, including paintings, digital works, ceramics, zines, crafts, and even sculpture! Please fill in the form below to register your interest and one of our Team will be in touch!
- Expressions Of Interest open on Monday 20th June and close on Monday 8th August.
- EOI’s are open to South Australians who have a lived experience of mental health challenges. EOI’s will comprise of; artwork images, a short bio, a short statement about your work. Each entry will be confirmed Mid-August
- Artworks do not need to reference mental health directly, though pieces along these themes are encouraged as a means to raise awareness.
- You will need a minimum of 4 art pieces to display in October if you wish to be featured. Maximum 10 artworks per exhibitor.
- For administration purposes, artworks should be labelled as follows: First Name_Last Name_Title of Work. If EOI’s need to be submitted in an alternative format please contact mindshare via email before the closing deadline.
- All submissions must be the original work of the entrant. Copyright of all entries remains with the owner.
- Before October we will need high resolution, good quality scanned or photographed images of your work to include in the digital element of the exhibition. mindshare reserves the right to reproduce digital images online and in print for promotional purposes only.
- Before October Exhibitors will need to produce an artist biography (a paragraph about you) and artists statement (a paragraph about your art) to accompany your images.
- Exhibition Artworks to be delivered to mindshare in September. Artworks must be delivered Ready To Display. Ready To Display means paper works must be framed to hang, canvases must have hanging wire on the back, digital works must be plug-and-play, sculpture to have required supports, etc.
- Please let us know in your EOI if you plan on submitting any work for exhibition larger than 2mx2m.
- After filling out the entry form below, please send your submission/s to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: mindshare Group Exhibition EOI 2022
- Please be aware that this is not a paid opportunity, though feature artists have sold pieces through this exhibition in the past.
Download the mindshare Group Exhibition EOI and Guidelines as a word document here: 22-Exhibition-EOI